The copycat is no more


Good news!  Google has removed the copycat blog!

Before they did, I had the content thieves advertising funding source removed also.

A big thanks to Google for removing the blog, and to Click4Support.net for removing payments, and their ad, from the copycat blog.

I will tell the whole story in detail, and help others learn from my experience through all this.  For now I am a bit unmotivated to write here after having my work stolen.

I think this speaks largely about the current state of things in the world.  An individual is almost a rare thing now, and many people are not bothered by others stealing writing.  So many people pretend to know things now by latching on to the education, experience, and hard work, of others.  Originality, and more importantly self education, are how I got where I am.  Not emulating others, or even worse, stealing work from others.

Dan at PPC Luddite spoke up on his blog about it, so a big thanks also goes to him.  A true member of the PowerPC community, and someone I consider to be the greatest friend and ally of this blog.  He's a true individual also. 

More when I'm motivated again.

3 comments:

  1. The PowerPC survivors needs your blog as an lighthouse in a dark night. There is too much misinformation out there. And we want claim our computing freedom but without a mentor or Zen we are really in the mud. Just wake up from that nightmare of copycats info stealer and keep the flag of liberation as high as you can. We will follow your steps without breaking copyrights. You teach how to do things, thinking. The importance of things you say is beyond any word by word copy. We are happy that the copycat has been disabled, but having you unmotivated make all happy mac faces really sad all over the world.

    If you need motives for writing inspire on http://www.discogs.com/Wim-Mertens-Motives-For-Writing/release/1012795 . http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wim+mertens+motives+for+writing&sm=3

    We need an debian 7.2 path lit by someone. OpenBSD 5.4. Free BSD 10.0. and PureDarwin snow leopard port to PowerPC and your PuppyPPC linux want to take a ride...

    We need to know PowerPC is not left behind by Apple Planned Obsolescense with good Luddites, Liberators and VivaPowerPC. There are too may Apple fanboys for only a fistfull of good writters (God I miss Dr posts too).


    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for everything you do Zen. I really enjoy your perspective on computing. You have challenged me to become a better user. If it were not for you and Dan my desire to use Linux would be minimal and my go to distro would be *buntu. What I enjoy most is the challenge you present to the "My computer is a couple of years old so I need to go out and buy the latest and greatest computer/tablet" mentality. You and Dan prove day in and day out that if used properly a computer can fulfill a user's needs until the machine fails at the hardware level. I've done enough rambling for now. Thank you again for what you do. As always, I look forward to your future content.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words, guys.

    ReplyDelete