wicknix

 In my two plus years away from this blog, I was also away from using PowerPC hardware most of the time.  So I hadn't been keeping up with the development of PowerPC software much.  Then I come back to find someone named wicknix who frequents the Mac Rumors PowerPC forum.  This guy has been very busy developing PowerPC and early Intel software, and he's done some pretty amazing work for Linux and Mac OS X users alike.  

He also has a blog called Random Mac Stuff where you can find all his software.

So I just wanted to help bring awareness to the amazing efforts this guy has made.  I have had written correspondence with him, and I can tell you he's extremely humble.  I was trying to recruit him to write here, but he's just too busy.  So thanks for all your work, wicknix!   


A list of everything he has done and/or contributed to:

Arctic Fox Browser for 10.6

InterWeb Browser for 10.6 & 10.7+

SpiderWeb Browser for 10.6 & 10.7+

Software for 10.4 - 10.7 and PowerPC Linux

Lubuntu PowerPC 12.04 & 16.04 Remix live DVD + installer

Debian Sid PowerPC Remix installer

How to install Fienix Soar on 32-bit PPC Macs

How to watch Twitch Streams on 10.3/10.4/10.5 (he contributed the twitch script)

2 comments:

  1. Agreed. He tirelessly churns these things out with little fanfare and fuss - he's a massive credit to the forum.
    His Lubuntu remixes are a revelation - I don't miss those post install hours stuck in a terminal trying to make wifi, sound, power management etc etc work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys. Like many of us, i just like the challenge of getting things to work that most say wont, or at the very least, make it easier for others. :)

    ReplyDelete